To listen to!
* I've spent the past few days in bed with an unfortunate case of food poisoning. Let me tell you, it is relentless. The Doc and I came home a day early (as planned) from our Thanksgiving travels in the hopes that we would get to have a day at home together to relax and prepare ourselves for the busy week ahead. Alas, Friday night's turkey had other ideas. Fortunately, the Doc escaped the illness but unfortunately, he was stuck with taking care of me. Practice for his future patients. And practice for strengthening his own patience.
* I've been preparing for Winter in the same way that many people prepare for Spring and Summer, by purging. I've gone through cabinets, closets and tupperware bins with two simple questions for the things I'm coming across: (1) Am I actually going to use this? (2) How is this improving my life / what potential does it have to improve my life? A lot of things are not making the cut but are being passed along to friends and family that can make better use of them. Once I have the energy, I'm sure I'll be getting rid of more.
* The idea of purging my things has flowed over in to the realm of diet and the desire to eat more intentionally. By being intentional, I believe my choices will be better. I have some recipes I'd love to try and share in this space and I need to start getting them organized.
* The Doc is officially gearing up for his first round of the Boards. He's purchased study guides, flash cards and video tutorials. I have tried not to focus on how ridiculously expensive they are but instead on how useful they are for him to achieve his goals and I am (not so) secretly thankful that he isn't waiting until April or later to do this.
* I've been pouring over pictures that Anna has been sharing of my new nephew, little Wyatt. He's a scrumptious little redhead and I can't wait to hold him and tell him just how amazing he is!
So these are a few of the things that have been occupying my time lately. I'm looking forward to the joy and light of the Christmas season and sharing some of the warmth I get to experience with you all!